CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Giant Flower Basket Cupcake




























Tomorrow is the last day of school and I decided to make a giant cupcake for my daughter's teacher. I am one of the room moms and I get to present a gift certificate and card to her teacher.I learned two new methods for this cupcake: mini marshmallow flower petals and basket weave frosting technique. For the mini marshmallow flower petals you snip each mini marshmallow in half and dip the cut sides into colored sugar crystals and arrange around a skittle. The basket weave frosting method is best explained here. The colors of my frosting didn't turn out quite bright enough for me and I wish my basket had a handle, but I ran out of time. Still cute though! 

5 comments:

Nancy Ross said...

That really is the MOST impressive cupcake EVER. Have you thought about doing a book? (that was a serious comment)

The Gomes Family said...

I love it, very cute cupcake. What a creative and great idea. Did she like it?

knitaholic310 said...

There are a few really good cupcake books out there, I don't think I could compete with them. But thanks for the compliment. Yes, she really liked the giant cupcake.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

bend and snap...ah yes, I love it!

Stephanie said...

You're amazing! Go Martha!