CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Star Wars Goodie Bags


They have these cute chunky looking figures now for ages 4+ that are practically unchokable in all sorts of characters (Transformers, Marvel Comics, Indiana Jones and Star Wars). They come in packs of two for about $7. I bought 5 packs of them and tied one character to each goodie bag. I made from them out of squares of cellophane (red cellophane if the character was from the dark side, green cellophane if they used the force for good). I couldn't find anything else Star Wars related that I could afford so instead I filled them each with a noisemaker, a punch balloon, 2 giant lemon heads (cherry heads, etc.,), two fruit flavored tootsie rolls (I saved all the vanilla flavored ones for myself), a push pop, 3 solid milk chocolate balls from See's, two citrus melts from See's, and a mini pack of Dots (the birthday boy's favorite candy).


I took five boys home from the party including one of my sons. That was when the candy trading started:

"I've got a lemon head I'll trade for an orange head, who'll give me a orange head?"
"I'll give 2 chocolate balls and a citrus melt for a push pop."
"Two tootsie rolls, here who'll give me a pack of Dots for two tootsie rolls?"

 . . . that went on for awhile until my son figured out that by blowing up his punch balloon to the size of a water melon and then sticking the noisemaker on the end, he could make what sounded like the loudest, most annoying scream ever. It was fortunate that I was in such a good mood because all the boys decided to copy him and then tried to scream louder than the noisemaker/balloon combination. The car ride was about 45 minutes long, but my son was having a great time and really that was the end result we were going for that day.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I stumbled onto your blog and am blown away. I am not as creative or patient as you.... where do you live and do you sell your creations?

R

knitaholic310 said...

I am a little bit secretive about where I live, sorry and alas I don't not as yet have a place to sell my creations! But thanks for the compliment!

wyzmom said...

I was wondering if you would share where you found the little plastic storm trooper you attached to the red material/bag? Thank you
I am working on Star Wars gift bags for my son's birthday party in November.

knitaholic310 said...

i found them at wal-mart, they come in packs of two and they have tons!