CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Goodie Cups




I found this idea in Martha Stewart Kids Magazine Spring 2005 issue. I couldn't find them online, I guess there isn't much money to be made in paper cup pails so I took a picture of the magazine page. You can punch holes in colored paper cups and use ribbon or pipe cleaners for the handle. I used black cups and dipped the top edges in Elmer's glue and then glitter. I had also wanted to glue miniature playing cards to the outside of the cups, but couldn't find them anywhere! 


It was actually surprisingly hard to find magical items to put in the goodie cups so I just did my best at the dollar store. I think I figured out that each cup cost me about $1.79 to make including everything. I heart the dollar store. If you are going to waste money on tiny items that will eventually end up in the trash then the dollar store is the perfect place to get them. 

Each cup contained: a balloon, a sparkly pencil, glow-in-the-dark jewelry, dum-dums, pixie sticks, razzles, mini bubbles and a glittery bug. They were really fun to make and fill. I would totally make them again, but choose an easier theme. The dollar store had tons of circus, bugs,princess and ocean critters stuff, but alas no Lego Star Wars Wii items (next two birthday parties I have to plan for).

0 comments: