CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Magical Foods




I did not have that many magical food items, but I did make pretzel wands and playing card sandwiches which were both huge hits. They had both the cuteness factor and they tasted good. 


The wands were super simple to make. I even let my kids help. To make, melt white chocolate (or if you are trying to save money like I was, white almond bark) in a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. Dip both ends of the large pretzel wands into the melted white chocolate and then place on a piece of wax paper. Sprinkle with candy or sprinkles. I chose Wilton stars to make them extra magical. 

For the playing card sandwiches I bought some loaves of soft white bread and cut all the crusts off. I cut them all in half. I used some miniature cookie cutters I got from Williams-Sonoma to make hearts or spades or clubs in the corner. I did not have a diamond shaped cookie cutter. For the hearts I spread the bottom half of the bread with peanut butter and then spread strawberry jam over the peanut butter and placed the slice with the heart cutouts on top. I did the exact same thing with the spade and club sandwiches, but used Nutella instead of peanut butter and jelly. I think the playing card sandwiches were my favorite food item, they just seemed so Alice in Wonderlandesque to me.  

For the decorations, I just did traditional streamers and balloons in all different colors. I forgot to get a picture of the room when I was done decorating, but it was more colorful than magical. For the table I spread a white table cloth out and placed red napkins down the center like a table runner. Then I sprinkled the entire table with sequins and confetti. I used all my silver and crystal serving pieces so it was extra fancy. 

0 comments: