CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 9, 2008

Oh my Cuteness!





Aren't these cupcakes cool? The shark is from Hello, Cupcake! I couldn't find the chocolate cookies they suggested so I used a triangular graham cracker piece, for the eyes: mini chocolate chips, the body is a Twinkie and the mouth is a oval shaped piece of fruit by the foot. I glued the Twinkie to the cupcake with frosting , stuck in the graham cracker and froze until hard. Then I melted vanilla frosting in a measuring cup for 20 seconds in the microwave and stirred in a tiny bit of Wilton black gel food coloring to make pale gray. Then I dipped the whole shark into the melted frosting. When it was a little dry I stuck on the mouth and eyes, drew on the teeth and gills with frosting and then smeared on some blue frosting waves.


The sunflowers are brownie batter baked in foil cupcake liners. I used canned vanilla frosting dyed yellow and squeezed it out of a Ziploc with a corner snipped off. 

The ladybugs were partly frosted and then dipped in red sugar crystals. I used snipped Ziplocs filled with chocolate and vanilla frosting again for the whites of the eyes and the wing divider. I used mini chocolate chips for the eyeballs and spots. 

I had the best time making these cupcakes. Cupcake decorating is my new fetish. I keep finding excuses to make them. The sharks (and penguins I will soon be making) are for my Sunday School class and the Ladybugs and Sunflowers are for a baby sitting co-op lunch today.

2 comments:

Molly said...

sweet cupcakes! and I have to say, that the magical party was pretty cool. The playing card sandwiches are awesome! Have you ever tries peanut butter & nutella sandwiches? yum....

Aleta said...

Awww, the lady bugs are cute! You are giving cupcakes a whole new look for parties!